Please upload the requested information and documents HERE. Note that there is one application format for grantees applying for renewal and a second format, below it, for applicants invited for the first time in 2021.
INVITED APPLICATIONS FOR RENEWAL OF GRANTS MADE IN A PRIOR YEAR (SHORT FORM DURING COVID-19):
Approximately 3 pages:
1. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO this past year (during the grant period) to meet the needs of the people you serve? (ie What has your programming looked like? Number of people served compared to usual?)
2. WHAT WILL “REOPENING” LOOK LIKE? Will you be in person, hybrid, remote, some combination? How will that look?
3. ARE THERE ANY THINGS YOU EXPECT TO DO DIFFERENTLY based on lessons learned from the past year? Any silver linings?
4. DO YOU ANTICIPATE NEEDING TO MAKE CHANGES DESIGNED TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY (STAFF, CLIENTS) RECOVER from the past year’s events? (e.g., remediation, re-engagement, healing?)
5. HOW HAS THE PUBLIC RECKONING WITH RACIAL JUSTICE affected your work?
6. Optional: IS THERE ANY NEW NEED that has emerged this year to which you are already responding or want to respond? Do you have adequate funding for it?
Also, please submit:
7. A revenue/expenses budget for the most recently completed fiscal year.
8. A projected budget for the coming year.
NOTE: Please highlight/explain any budget deficits or qualified audits in the current or past three years and any anticipated budget shortfalls or challenges with cash flow you anticipate and are working to close in the coming year.
9. Please attest that your 501c3 is current and in good standing.
LONG FORM — FOR NEW APPLICANTS INVITED TO APPLY in 2021
FIRST PAGE OF YOUR WORD DOCUMENT: include the same information as in first page of LOI
TEXT OF PROPOSAL
1. A brief history of your organization and of the primary persons responsible for its operation. You may use the same text as in your LOI.
2. A description of your organization — who you are and what need you seek to address.
3. A brief description of your usual programs and the population served, duration of program (“dosage”), etc.
DURING COVID -19:
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS YEAR to meet the needs of the people you serve? (What does your programming look like while we are in pandemic mode? Number of people served compared to usual? Any silver linings?))
WHAT WILL REOPENING LOOK LIKE? (Any lessons learned or things you expect to do differently?)
DO YOU ANTICIPATE NEEDING TO ADD OR CHANGE aspects of your work to address the recovery needs of the people (staff? clients?) you serve (remediation? re-engagement? healing?) once you reopen?
HAS THE PUBLIC RECKONING WITH RACIAL JUSTICE affected your work? If so, how?
4. How would you describe your outcomes in general and your outcomes this year? (What are you hoping to achieve? How do you measure this? How successful have you been?)
1. A budget (revenue/expenses) for your organization as a whole and, if appropriate, for this project in particular. (Requests for general operating support do not require project budgets.) Please make sure your budget shows both revenue and expenses.
PLEASE EXPLAIN any budget deficits or qualified audits in the current or past 3 years.
2. A list of your organization’s major funders and of funders you have secured or plan to approach for this project/program. (Individual donors need not be identified by name, but please do indicate the dollar amount that comes from individuals.) Make sure to identify sources of income from the following categories: foundations/corporations/individuals/board/government/other.
3. 501(c)(3) determination letter.